POSITION: Business Administration Intern
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 15 hours per week, 4 month commitment preferred.
SALARY: Unpaid; College credits may be arranged; Complimentary HCCCP membership. Work experience at an established non-profit organization.
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce seeks a motivated student or recent graduate
to participate in the organization’s day–to-day operations that include general office
administration, accounting, and involvement in some long-range strategic planning. This internship is an opportunity for an accounting / business major student to learn from a seasoned team of professionals. The intern will also have exposure to all areas of the organization such as digital media, distribution, marketing, and other professional programs and events. This position is best suited for someone who has a strong interest in non-profit & business administration.
- Conduct a variety of general administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist with processing mail, bookkeeping, data entry and office supplies requests
- Assist with archiving, storage management, and in-house event planning
- Work with the Business & Communications Consultant to develop and implement an internship project
- Help improve administration procedures
- Train and orient new interns in general office procedures
- Greet guests and the general public; answer and route phone calls
Internships at HCCCP offer excellent opportunities to work in an exciting Hispanic – American Chamber of Commerce with exposure to local, regional and statewide corporations and businesses. At the end of the internship, the intern will gain and/or improve skills in the following areas: accounting (i.e. Quickbooks), office administration, project management, and strategic thinking.
- MAC OS, PC, and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills
- Detail-oriented and team player
- Desire to learn about non-profit and business administration
- Knowledge/interest in Hispanic-American Business Community
- Accounting or Business Administration students encouraged to apply
Please send resume and cover letter by mail or email (in pdf form) to:
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Central PA
112 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
The mission of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Pennsylvania is to assist, support, promote, and advocate on behalf of Hispanic businesses in the Central Pennsylvania area (Dauphin, Cumberland, Lancaster, York, and Perry Counties). HCCCP seeks to encourage the growth and development of businesses owned and operated by entrepreneurs of Hispanic descent and to help these businesses to achieve their goals.